Job Type: Contract
£27000 - £32000 per annum
March 21, 2020
Phone: 01277 889373
Trust Accountant (FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
Chelmsford - Essex
Up to £32,000 + Benefits
I am working with this impressive accountancy practice based in Essex, who are looking for a Trust Accountant to join their team on a 9-month fixed term contract. With a prime location, the office is easily accessible for both East London and Essex based Accountants, just 10 minutes away from the local train station and a 5-minute walk from the closest bus station. Working with a wide range of clients including; property, charity and construction, the practice is formed of approximately 30 team members, with 4 Partners and plenty of opportunity for fast career progression.
This firm offers a great work culture and they have created a flexible and generous benefits package, including but not limited to the following; -
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays as well as, 1 extra day for Christmas
- Free on staff parking for senior members of staff
- Flexible Working Hours
- Staff away days once a year
- Christmas party
As a Trust Accountant your responsibilities will include but are not limited to; -
- To assist manager with their portfolio of clients.
- To prepare non statutory accounts.
- To ensure accounts are complete and ready for review by manager or director as required.
- To meet deadlines and be prepared to take on additional tasks.
- Review time taken against budget and identify any variances and recommendations for additional fees or training needs.
- Ensuring all working paper files are properly completed and signed off in an acceptable timeframe.
- Communicating with clients, where necessary and organising own workflow to ensure that work is completed and delivered in acceptable time frames and that any delays are advised to managers in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that wherever possible that fees have been agreed in advance with clients, where necessary for all work undertaken.
- To ensure that office systems are implemented by self.
- Providing feedback and positive suggestions for ways in which systems could be improved to aid efficiencies.
- Provide holiday and ad hoc cover for Payroll manager.
The ideal Trust Accountant candidate will; -
- Have UK accountancy practice experience
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified or QBE
- Good technical competence including solid accounting experience
- Have first-class communication skills
- Need experience working with Investment clients'
I am looking for an ambitious Trust Accountant to join this growing team. Please get in touch for further details, interviews are taking place throughout the month, and this vacancy is urgent. Call me on 01277 889 373 or email me on .