Job Type: Permanent
November 19, 2020
My clients are seeking to recruit an experienced Payroll Assistant or Senior (depending on the level of experience) to join our Business Support team. In this varied role you will be working within a small, busy team, running multiple payrolls for a wide range of clients who operate in sectors such as retail, the professions, charities and education.
The successful candidate:
- Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent), or demonstrate a similar level of competence.
- Must have significant payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll processing. Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation, including HMRC regulations, is essential, as is a working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP and NI calculations.
- Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Must have previous experience of payroll systems. Specific experience of any or all of the following would be helpful: Star payroll, Sage payroll, HMRC Basic Tools, BACS processing.
- Should have a proven track record of working to deadlines, with a positive approach to problem-solving and working in a small team. The ability to work competently under pressure, to multi-task, and to maintain a flexible approach is essential.
- Must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Will be self-motivated, able to work without supervision. Capable of exercising complete confidentiality and discretion regarding our work.
- Previous payroll experience within an accountancy or professional services practice would be helpful, but is not essential.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition.
On offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff.