Job Type: Permanent
Location: South East London
£50000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
September 15, 2020
Funds, Financial Statements, IFRS
Our client a Top 20 Accountancy Practice in London, are seeking an Audit Manager to join the expanding Financial Services team working closely with an oversea's team, on a permanent full-time basis. Engagements with a varied portfolio of clients with a focus on investment funds across a range of investment strategies. Leading a team of professionals, you will be responsible for motivating, and managing a team to work to SLA's by delegating tasks and providing a 2nd to none service to clients.
- Plan, control and review client work to ensure jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible in accordance with audit methodology
- Effectively manage an audit team comprising which may comprise of audit supervisors, executives, seniors and trainees
- Coach and train junior level staff throughout engagements
- Report to a Senior Manager and Partners on the status of the engagement, review points and concerns
- Liaise with clients, administrators, investment managers and directors on the engagement to discuss status and progress any queries on engagements
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment
- Ensure a detailed financial statement audit is completed by the team in line with the requirements of International Standards on Auditing, starting with well-tailored audit planning
- Brief audit staff on the client and the nature of its business ensuring that the most cost-effective audit approach is clearly communicated.
- Ensure, as far as possible, that trainees are allocated a variety of jobs in order to provide a broad range of training and maximise their experience
- Regular appraisals, and sign off training records to enable staff to be developed and in turn enhance their effectiveness
- Work closely with the wider team to effectively manage more junior staff.
- Business Development and Advisory
- Identify opportunities for additional services that our client can provide to clients
- Identify and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals
- Be proactive in involving other experts i.e. Corporate Finance, Tax where relevant
- Be involved in tenders and presentations on audits and accounts
- Coach team members in spotting opportunities and to consider the bigger picture.
Skills and Qualifications
Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with 5 or more years of post-qualification experience in external audit, accounts and general practice. Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards. Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset. Experience of Financial Services would be useful, Demonstrable ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a respected leader. Client focus and able to think commercially. Strong organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities.