Job Type: Permanent
Location: East London
£50000 - £52000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
April 30, 2021
ICSA Qualified or studying, Blueprint, Board packs, Compliance, Companies register
My clients are a market leader in Financial Services and are in a time of continuous growth and now seeking a Governance Manager to be part of the highly successful Governance team.
Role: Ensures that ongoing statutory, legal and transactional/contractual obligations are fulfilled in respect of approx. 600 UK registered companies (Special Purpose Vehicles, "SPVs") used in about 250 transactions. You will be responsible for managing, monitoring and actioning the governance and corporate services obligations of their individual portfolio of SPV's (typically 100?120 SPV's). In addition, the team liaises with the overseas offices and maintains the corporate database entries, and handles registered office and usual corporate administration duties as a back?up team. Working to tight deadlines with superb technical ability is a must for this role along with being highly organised and able to work calmly under pressure. SPAC knowledge is very advantageous.
Ongoing Compliance management - existing transactions
Taking responsibility for portfolio of transactions/SPVs and relationships
Managing, monitoring and actioning of statutory and transaction obligations of securitisation and structured finance deals and client groups;
Setting-up, reviewing and re-arranging Company Statutory Registers and updating be-spoke database records for critical dates, procedures and contract details;
Liaising with external/internal parties to ensure fulfilling all statutory and transaction obligations of managed SPVs, to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Line managing 1-2 junior colleagues
- Reviewing, commenting and ensuring diligent inclusion of comments and correct information in the financial statements of the SPVs and arranging for timely signing off
- Preparing of minutes, certificates, agreements and other documentation required to be prepared in our role as corporate administrator. (Transactional Services)
- Ensuring compliance with transactional routines and obligations in terms of the activities of the SPVs
- Attending company meetings and meetings with external parties as and when required
- Guiding and training and the Centre of Excellence (CoE) with back office processes and routines
- Liaising with overseas entities to ensure accuracy of data
- Providing Registered Office duties
- Proactively keep up to date with current industry issues
- Winding?up and liquidation of SPVs (due diligence, assisting liquidators, close bank accounts, cancel registrations, arrange dividends and distributions etc.)
- Arranging for and supervising Share Trust compliance and Trust termination in relation to own portfolio
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
The candidate will need to demonstrate the desire to provide excellent client service in the face of conflicting demands and tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to effectively utilise local and CoE based assistants to manage workload and ensure highest calibre of deliverables
- Whilst primary career path caters for technical experts, people management experience, skills and/or aspirations are preferred.
- Successful candidate should possess Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate good situational and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences
- ICSA Qualified or finalist
- Time management, organisational ability, diligence & accuracy and the ability to manage a demanding workload
- Previous relevant experience in administering and providing company secretarial management to U.K. legal entities in a professional services firm
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to continuously improve and streamline processes to make a meaningful contribution to the company's performance
- Ability to work independently, and to work effectively as part of a team
In Return: A competitive basic salary and benefits are on offer.