Business Services Senior Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
November 19, 2020
My clients are looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Manager to join the friendly and supportive Business Services team.
The team assists a wide variety of businesses including limited companies, partnerships, sole traders, educational establishments, professional firms and charities, operating across a variety of sectors. This means that we can offer you exposure to a broad portfolio of work.
The role's responsibilities will include drafting accounts, drafting tax computations and tax returns, production of/reporting on management accounts, setting up accounting systems/functions and the completion of VAT and P11D returns for clients. You will oversee client engagement teams, monitor engagement profitability, and you may manage multiple engagements simultaneously whilst also taking a lead on client contact.
The successful candidate will need to be equally effective in working both as part of a team, and alone, either within our office or at client sites. As some of the work may be carried out at clients' premises, a full clean UK driving licence with access to own transport will be necessary.
- You must be ICAEW/ACCA qualified or QBE; recent UK practice-based experience is essential.
- Sound working knowledge of a variety of accounting packages with a good working knowledge of Word/Excel.
- Prior practical experience of drafting accounts from both manual and computerised records, producing and reporting on management accounts, producing personal and corporate tax computations/returns, setting up accounting systems/functions plus experience of completing VAT and P11D returns.
- A proven track record of working to deadlines and effectively handling multiple priorities, with a positive attitude to problem-solving and working in a small team.
- Motivation and ability to support the partners with business development activities.
- A vigilant approach to dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail. A confident approach in dealing with clients is essential.
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Must have a full UK driving licence with access to own transport.
- Knowledge of any, or all of the following, would be an asset: CCH Accounts, Alphatax, Sage Accounts, Xero, Quickbooks, and Evolution.
- Previous experience in overseeing day to day work on client engagements, mentoring, and developing team members would be helpful.
- Previous involvement in business development activities would also be helpful.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition.
In Return: A competitve basic salary and benefits are on offer.