Job Type: Permanent
As a Website Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application's user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, in using semantic mark-up language i.e. XTMTL/CSS, to turn their designs into working browser based web pages.
You'll also work closely with the Back-end developers and UAT team to implement and test their serverside code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites.
Duties & responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features
* Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services
* Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Systems Developers, with server-side logic
* Building reusable code and libraries for future use
* Optimisation of the application / database for maximum speed and scalability
* Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software
* Build and maintain functional apps for the business
* Integrate with existing API's to enable seamless integration
* Minimum 2 years' full time experience in PHP development
* Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
* Minimum 2 years' full time experience MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
* Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, Json etc.) essential
* Knowledge of website security is desirable
* Basic Unix command line knowledge essential
* Experience working with GIT
* Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology desirable
* Excellent knowledge of WordPress
* Excellent knowledge of a responsive platform such as Bootstrap
* Excellent knowledge of graphics software such Adobe Cloud, Adobe Photoshop
In return an annual/quarterly bonus, pension scheme, private medical and dental insurance, 23 days holiday, birthday off and more!
Full time 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
Whether it's the latest jobs or latest news – sign up below to keep up to date.